Sunday, February 2, 2014

[INTERVIEW] with Sara Marion

Sara Marion lives in Alaska with her husband, Tyler and her two fur-babies (dogs), White Sock and Bailey. 
She is originally from Manhattan, KS and she loves going back every chance she gets. She loves cheering on her Oklahoma State Cowboys. Game days can get pretty intense around her house since her husband is a K-State Alum and she is an OSU Alum. She does cheer for K-State from time to time but she tends to bleed more orange!
When she is not writing, she keeps herself busy with her full-time job at an oil company in the IT department. 









When was the moment you decided to become an author?

I decided to become an author in July of 2010. I had just finished my very first Fanfiction piece and a lot of my reviewers either messaged me or left reviews about my talent in writing and how I can bring emotions out in a story to make them feel it as they read. That's when I was encouraged to become a writer and so the thinking began about my first book which quickly turned into a series. It took me a little over a year to write my first book, Breath of Life but I was so happy I decided to begin the journey as an author when I hit that publish button. 

When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?

 I don't actually think of the meaning of the names. I just try to put together unique names or something you wouldn't hear everyday. I should look up my character names now and see what they mean, haha!

Have your personal experiences affected your writing? 

 I pull in the emotions of personal experiences to my writing. I want to make my characters as real as possible. There are some things I obviously haven't experienced yet, but I pull in and use what I can from both myself and people around me. I often people watch and when I talk to people I listen for their emotions when we are talking about various things.  


Who are your target readers?

I have never really thought about my target readers. I want my books to be picked up by most age groups, probably 18+ and up  due to some content but I have some readers that are 55+ that love my books. I don't want to have to explain to my mom or other elders that my books aren't their kind of books, so I keep that in mind as I'm writing.

Do you read much? If so, who are your favourite authors?

Um, when don't I read, haha! I used to read only well-knowns like Nicholas Sparks, JD Ward, PC Cast/Kristin Cast, but lately I have been reading newer and more often than not Indie authors. My favorite Indies right now are J. Bailes, MK Harkins, D.E. Hancox, Erica Cope and Komal Kant. 


What genre of books do you like to read? Do you limit yourself to only the genre that you write yourself?

As you can see from my author list, I like to read Contemporary Romance, Paranormal/Fantasy romance, Young Adult, Fantasy YA, and New Age.

I try not to limit my writing to one genre. My Breath of Life series is a Contemporary Romance series, but I have a paranormal/fantasy romance that I am plotting out right now, a mystery romance, and a few others.  I think all my books will have some sort of romance but I want to write other things as well. I may even throw in a New Adult or Young Adult one day.

Tell us some book you have read and would love to recommend , also tell us why that book.

Shattered and Shaken by J. Bailes! This is her debut novel and when I finished it, I'm pretty sure I threatened her lady parts! I will warn it's a cliffhanger and she will be releasing the second book soon hopefully but it's packed full of emotion! She just takes you on this journey of love, drama and heartache that will make you want more when she leaves you hanging, but it's well worth the read!  It was hard to put down! there is also a Novella that she released, All for Allie that is book 1.5 in this series. Also a good read! I am patiently waiting on the Shattered and Mended and can't wait to get my hands on it! 















No comments:

Post a Comment